OnlineConversion Forums Welcome to OnlineConversion.com Forums

Go Back   OnlineConversion Forums > Main Forums > Convert and Calculate

Convert and Calculate Post any conversion related questions and discussions here. If you're having trouble converting something, this is where you should post.
* Guest Posting is allowed.

Old 03-29-2008, 03:35 PM
Unregistered

Question Liquid (ml) to Tablet (mg) Conversion

Hi There.
I wonder if anyone can help!
I am taking some liquid medication. I take about 2ml or so.
What would this be the equivalent to if I was taking it in tablet form in mg?
With grateful thanks.
Old 03-29-2008, 10:48 PM
can't count, can't spell!
Long Time Member The Golden Calculator Award The Tree House Award Over 1000 Posts

Mrs X will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Liquid (ml) to Tablet (mg) Conversion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered
Hi There.
I wonder if anyone can help!
I am taking some liquid medication. I take about 2ml or so.
What would this be the equivalent to if I was taking it in tablet form in mg?
With grateful thanks.
Hi, you should probably talk to your doctor or pharmacist about it, and not take the advise of unkown people on the internet.

The activity level of the pill and the liquid might be different, so there may be no direct comparison, even of you know the concentration in both forms.
Old 03-30-2008, 05:48 PM
Unregistered

Smile Re: Liquid (ml) to Tablet (mg) Conversion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs X
Hi, you should probably talk to your doctor or pharmacist about it, and not take the advise of unkown people on the internet.

The activity level of the pill and the liquid might be different, so there may be no direct comparison, even of you know the concentration in both forms.
Hi Mrs X
Thank you SO much for your reply.
Just to assure you I was not asking my question in order that I might switch my medication from liquid to tablet without consulting my Dr!! I was just being curious! :0) A friend of mine mentioned recently that she was taking the same medication as me and was taking 40mg of it in tablet form. Mine is just in ml in liquid form and is only 2ml and I was just being curious as to what the ml/mg comparison was!!! Thank you for your kind concern and taking the time to reply. It was much appreciated! That is an interesting point about the activity level between the pill and liquid!
Old 03-30-2008, 09:30 PM
can't count, can't spell!
Long Time Member The Golden Calculator Award The Tree House Award Over 1000 Posts

Mrs X will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Liquid (ml) to Tablet (mg) Conversion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered
Hi Mrs X
Thank you SO much for your reply.
Just to assure you I was not asking my question in order that I might switch my medication from liquid to tablet without consulting my Dr!! I was just being curious! :0) A friend of mine mentioned recently that she was taking the same medication as me and was taking 40mg of it in tablet form. Mine is just in ml in liquid form and is only 2ml and I was just being curious as to what the ml/mg comparison was!!! Thank you for your kind concern and taking the time to reply. It was much appreciated! That is an interesting point about the activity level between the pill and liquid!
Hi there, always interesting to know why people ask these things! Thanks for letting us know.