OnlineConversion Forums Welcome to OnlineConversion.com Forums

Go Back   OnlineConversion Forums > Main Forums > Convert and Calculate

Convert and Calculate Post any conversion related questions and discussions here. If you're having trouble converting something, this is where you should post.
* Guest Posting is allowed.

Old 04-23-2006, 07:40 AM
Jido

Question Help with shoe size conversion mm to inches

Purchased online a pair of Pine Tree sneakers (Sang Moo SA), martial art workout shoes, in men's shoe size 9.5 inches. However, on the tongue of the shoes is denoted 290mm / 9T (as the shoes size ??). No where else on the shoes is there a size cited in inches. So I assume that the measurement of 290mm / 9T is representative of a shoes size. Unfortunately, I don't know whether it is representative of a man's size: 9.0 inches or 9.5 inches. As previous mentioned above, I ordered a man's size 9.5. The seller has been of no help by virtue of not addressing my issue. I would appreciate any assistance resolving this issue. The seller has given me a rather narrow time window for RMA, therefore, time is of the essences.

Thank you,
Jido
Old 04-23-2006, 07:52 AM
Administrator
The Golden Calculator Award Over 1000 Posts

Robert Fogt is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Help with shoe size conversion mm to inches

There is a mm size on the shoe size page here:
http://www.onlineconversion.com/clothing_shoes_mens.htm

290 mm would be about a U.S. mens 13 to 13.5

Not sure what the 9T would be.

You list 9.5 inches but U.S. shoe sizes are not inches, for example a U.S. size 9 is not 9 inches long.
Old 02-08-2010, 02:39 AM
Unregistered

Default Shoe Conversion

I am trying to buy a pair of boots from a wholesale supplier who insist on having the size in UK measurement however I only have the mm value of what I want, depending on what conversion chart i use i end up with sizes ranging from a UK 7 to a UK 12 MENS (ridiculous)

Is a mm in some countries longer than in others??????

Unfortunately the product is non returnable so I have to get it right first time.
Old 02-08-2010, 07:24 AM
Long Time Member The Golden Calculator Award Over 5000 Posts

JohnS will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Shoe Conversion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I am trying to buy a pair of boots from a wholesale supplier who insist on having the size in UK measurement however I only have the mm value of what I want, depending on what conversion chart i use i end up with sizes ranging from a UK 7 to a UK 12 MENS (ridiculous)

Is a mm in some countries longer than in others??????

Unfortunately the product is non returnable so I have to get it right first time.
The millimeter is EXACTLY the same everywhere. (Since 1959, the inch is the same in all English speaking countries, and equal to 25.4 mm)

However, numeric shoe sizes are a complete mystery, and nearly every country seems to have its own size convention. Try the converter here: http://www.onlineconversion.com/clothing_shoes_mens.htm