X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Unregistered

How to covert CC to horsepower

Im having trouble finding a site that can convert CC into horsepower. I was wondering if you knew how to change 246 cc into h/p somehow.
  • Robert Fogt
    Administrator
    Long Time Member The Golden Calculator Award Over 1000 Posts
    • Dec 2005

Re: How to covert CC to horsepower

About the only way would be to take it to a shop and have it put on a machine to measure it.

Horsepower depends on much more than just engine size. For example, a well tuned up 246 cc engine will have more horsepower then an old one. There are too many other factors for converting directly.

If it is a new engine then I am sure you can find data sheets for it someplace, such as the dealers website. You are sure to find both engine size and horsepower listed there.

Comment

• Unregistered

Do you what the "CC's" [as in a 250 cc motorcycle engine] are for a 15 horsepower Briggs and Stratton engine?

Or cubic inches [as chevy 350 cubic inch engine] would be in CC's [as in 500 cc Yamaha]? Please.

Thanks

Gary

Comment

• Robert Fogt
        Administrator
        • Dec 2005

The symbol cc stands for cubic centimeter, while the symbol ci stands for cubic inches.

Both are units of volume and you can convert between them on the Volume conversion page. Another common unit of volume for engine size is the liter.

You cant directly convert volume to horsepower. But in your case, you have a 15 horsepower Briggs and Stratton engine, you'll just need to know the year it was made, then contact the Briggs and Stratton company and they will be able to tell you. Possibly a dealer could help too, maybe even their website will have that information.

Comment

• Unregistered

Originally posted by Unregistered
          Im having trouble finding a site that can convert CC into horsepower. I was wondering if you knew how to change 246 cc into h/p somehow.
          i would like to convert 988cc in to horse power

Comment

O that is as easy as pie all of you people are wrong you certanly can convert cc in to horse power just by taking the first numer and taking 1 away so for instance 988 cc would be 98 horse powere easy as that. I am seventy four and I know my stuff. But if it was 49 cc you would take two away and take away the 9 for good so it would be 2 horse power.

Comment

• Robert Fogt
              Administrator
              • Dec 2005

I'm not sure that would be very accurate. A cheap 100 cc engine would certainly have lower horsepower than a brand new high performance 100 cc engine.

Though no doubt there are rules of thumb that are accurate enough for most purposes.

Comment

• whiteboy4rd

How to covert CC to horsepower

"old man" i still dont quite understand if a car (skyline) had 3500cc what would it be in hourse power?

Comment

• Unregistered

Roughly 250 HP on 3500 CC Skyline. Alot of factors can make that number different though. But it's a rough estimate if that is what you want.

Comment

• Unregistered

Roughly 250 HP on 3500 CC Skyline. Alot of factors can make that number different though. Like where the torque is....Shaft or Rear Wheel, and it can also depend on the tune....it can go up or down drastically. Ford Mustangs are roughly 193 HP at around 3800cc's.

But again, it's a rough estimate if that is what you want.

Comment

• Unregistered

Roughly 250 HP on 3500 CC Skyline. Alot of factors can make that number different though. Like where the torque is....Shaft or Rear Wheel, and it can also depend on the tune....it can go up or down drastically. Ford Mustangs are roughly 193 HP at around 3800cc's. But you can add a chip, better exhaust, turbo, or supercharger, still have 3800cc's and run your HP up to 750 R.W. HP.

But again, it's a rough estimate if that is what you want.

Comment

• Unregistered

Originally posted by Unregistered
                        4000 cc convert to horsepower

Comment

• Unregistered

how to find difference between cc and hp like 100cc = to how much hp i want to know plz anyone tell me .

Comment

• Robert Fogt
                            Administrator
                            • Dec 2005

There is no conversion. It depends on too many factors to directly convert between engine volume size and horsepower.

If its a new engine, you should have no problem finding the rated horsepower and volume information online from the manufacturer. Otherwise you would need to take the engine to a shop and have it measured.

Comment

Anyone who says they can convert volume to power has no idea what they are talking about. These are not just different units, they are measurements of completely different things. It's like asking how to convert 5 minutes into a certain volume of elephant dung. Yeah, sure, elephant dung can be shoveled over a period of five minutes, but you can't convert one to the other. Any given 5.7 liter V8, for example, makes different amounts of power depending on the throttle position and the revolutions per minute, ect. And that's not to mention that some 5.7L engines will make a maximum of less than 200hp and others will make well over 2000hp. The idea that a given displacement would have a certain set amount of power that it would create is absolutely rediculous.

Comment

Working...
                              X