OnlineConversion Forums Welcome to OnlineConversion.com Forums

Go Back   OnlineConversion Forums > Main Forums > Convert and Calculate

Convert and Calculate Post any conversion related questions and discussions here. If you're having trouble converting something, this is where you should post.
* Guest Posting is allowed.

Old 09-17-2010, 05:45 AM
Unregistered

Cool MEQ to mmol conversion

I am in Costa Rica. They do not have my potassium prescription available here. I take 10 MEQ's of Klor-Con twice a day. They do have a liquid form available but it is measured in mmol's. Can you tell me how much I would take of that to equal my current prescription? Thanks for any help you can provide.
Old 09-17-2010, 05:55 AM
Unregistered

Wink Etodolac

I am currently residing in Costa Rica. I take 500 MG twice a day of Etodolac. This drug is not available in Costa Rica. They do have something called ketorolaco that they think may be similiar. Do you know if it is and if so how much I should take. If it is not could you suggest another drug that I might take in its place? Thanks so much for any help you may be able to provide.
Old 09-17-2010, 11:38 AM
Long Time Member The Golden Calculator Award Over 5000 Posts

JohnS will become famous soon enough
Default Re: MEQ to mmol conversion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I am in Costa Rica. They do not have my potassium prescription available here. I take 10 MEQ's of Klor-Con twice a day. They do have a liquid form available but it is measured in mmol's. Can you tell me how much I would take of that to equal my current prescription? Thanks for any help you can provide.
The difference between equivalents and moles is the number of elementary charges the ion gives up or takes on. For potassium, it is one elementary charge so 1 meq = 1 mmol.

For something like calcium, with 2 charges, it would be 2 meq = 1 mmol
Old 09-18-2010, 12:26 PM
Unregistered

Cool Re: MEQ to mmol conversion

Thanks for your help. So for potassium 1 MEQ equals 1 mmol. That being the case how to now convert that to teaspoons. They only have liquid form in Costa Rica. How many teaspoons should I take to equal 10 MEQ's. The bottle shows it has 150 mL's. This is so confusing?!?!?!?
Old 09-19-2010, 03:42 AM
Long Time Member The Golden Calculator Award Over 5000 Posts

JohnS will become famous soon enough
Default Re: MEQ to mmol conversion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Thanks for your help. So for potassium 1 MEQ equals 1 mmol. That being the case how to now convert that to teaspoons. They only have liquid form in Costa Rica. How many teaspoons should I take to equal 10 MEQ's. The bottle shows it has 150 mL's. This is so confusing?!?!?!?
Somewhere on the bottle there should be a "strength" statement that tells how many millimoles of active ingredient per milliliter. Medicines are not 100% active ingredient and can be mixed to different strengths. Unless you can find that statement, there is no way to know. A teaspoon is almost exactly 5 mL.