Convert ng/mL to nmol/L

I need help to convert ng/mL to nmol/L
  • JohnS
    Long Time Member The Golden Calculator Award Moderator Over 10 000 Posts
    • Dec 2007

Re: Convert ng/mL to nmol/L

Originally posted by Unregistered
    To convert between grams and moles, you need to specify the substance and its molar mass.

The milliliters to liters is easy. 1000 mL = 1 L

Comment

• dr. bhavna sharma

hey jus multiply by 2.496 ....i mean ng/ml is the conventional factor to measure 25 hydroxy vitamin d and nmol/L is de SI unit and 2.496 is the conversion factor....to reverse it jus divide bye 2.496

Comment

• Robert Fogt
        Administrator
        Long Time Member The Golden Calculator Award Over 1000 Posts
        • Dec 2005

Originally posted by dr. bhavna sharma
        hey jus multiply by 2.496 ....i mean ng/ml is the conventional factor to measure 25 hydroxy vitamin d and nmol/L is de SI unit and 2.496 is the conversion factor....to reverse it jus divide bye 2.496
        The conversion factor probably differs for every type of vitamin and drug. That wouldn't work for everything.

Comment

• Unregistered

Originally posted by Unregistered
          5.000 ML TO LBS

Comment

• Unregistered

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
            need to convert 5.7 nmol/lit is eqvivalent to how many ng/ml

Comment

• JohnS
              • Dec 2007

need to convert 5.7 nmol/lit is eqvivalent to how many ng/ml
              To convert between grams and moles, you need to know the molar mass. That usually involves knowing the chemical formula of the substance and computing the molecular weight.

Comment

• Unregistered

My progestrone level is at 16.2 nmol/L...can someone tell me what the is in ng/ml?

Comment

• JohnS
                  • Dec 2007

My progestrone level is at 16.2 nmol/L...can someone tell me what the is in ng/ml?
                  Source: http://jama.ama-assn.org/misc/auinst_si.dtl
                  Divide by 3.18, so 5.1 ng/mL

Comment

• Unregistered

Originally posted by dr. bhavna sharma View Post
                    so according to some, my optimal level of Vit d should be 175nmol and at present it is 94nmol and my gp says this is high enough. What are we to believe.

Comment

• Unregistered

94 is quite high enough. 175 is dangerous. These sort of levels are pushed by people with an agenda.

See "Dietary Reference Intakes for Calcium and Vitamin D" from the US Institute of Medicine - a very high quality review.

Says 50nmol/L is sufficient.

Comment

• Unregistered

I just asked a lab that reported my Chromogranin A level as 13 NMOL/L if they could convert it to ng/mL for me so I could compare it to tests done 4 months ago at another lab, and they refused. I know that each lab uses a slightly different procedure, and they would not compare exactly, but it should give me a ballpark idea if my values are stable until the next time I am able to travel to the major oncology center. Can some one assist me?

Comment

• JohnS
                          • Dec 2007

I just asked a lab that reported my Chromogranin A level as 13 NMOL/L if they could convert it to ng/mL for me so I could compare it to tests done 4 months ago at another lab, and they refused. I know that each lab uses a slightly different procedure, and they would not compare exactly, but it should give me a ballpark idea if my values are stable until the next time I am able to travel to the major oncology center. Can some one assist me?
                          Maybe. Understand I have no medical training and all I know on this subject is what I found by Googling, but I understand conversion well.

First, there is no FDA approved test, so lab to lab variability is probably considerably higher than for most lab tests.

Second, to convert between moles and grams (regardless of prefixes), you have to know molecular weight. Most sources I found did not list it. One
                          Collective licensing pioneer CCC helps you integrate, access, and share information through licensing, content, software and professional services.

described it as a 49 kDa protein; I assume the chemical formula is not known exactly and that is an approximate molecular weight. It means the molar mass is 49 kg/mol.

Assuming this is (approximately) correct, the conversion is
                          13 nmol/L x 1 L/1000 mL x 49 kg/mol = 637 ng/mL.
                          Based on 2 digit precision of the raw data, that should be rounded to 640 ng/mL

Comment

• Unregistered

Thank you so much JohnS. I think you have probably come quite close, as my previous value was 550 ng/ml. This is good news, as I think it allows for variability between the labs, but is much less than my initial value before some treatment of 2180 ng/mL. I will keep the calculation method so I can figure this out in the future. I am learning more all the time. I appreciate your help.

Sue

Comment

hi,plz tell me how to convert the ng/ml into nMol/ml?
                              my peptide is CCK.

Comment

Working...
                              X