• Unregistered

Convert mL to mg

How many mg are in mL?
  • Robert Fogt
    Administrator
    Long Time Member The Golden Calculator Award Over 1000 Posts
    • Dec 2005

Re: Convert mL to mg

That would depend on the density of the substance. Every substance will have a different weight to volume conversion factor.

If you know the density of the substance, or post the substance so I can try to look it up, I may be able to create the conversion.

Comment

• Unregistered

I am not sure this is the info you need to help but I will copy it right off label...thanks for trying too!

1000mg/200ml NS(5mg/ml)
      infuse continuousy at 4mg/hr

? thanks for effort - I am trying to find out calc to see how many hours it should run (auto iv pump)

Comment

• Unregistered

I need to give my dog 500 mg of a liquid medicine - the medicine come in a bottle of 1000 ml. - can anyone tell me how many ml. would equalt 500 mg. Thx Mikey

Comment

• JohnS
          Long Time Member The Golden Calculator Award Moderator Over 10 000 Posts
          • Dec 2007

Originally posted by Unregistered
          1000mg/200ml NS(5mg/ml)
          infuse continuousy at 4mg/hr

I am trying to find out calc to see how many hours it should run (auto iv pump)

This part says there are 1000 mg of active ingredient dissolved in a total of 200 mL (or 5 mg/mL)

If dosage is supposed to be 4 mg/hr, then 4/5 (or 0.8) mL per hour. It should last for 250 hours.

Comment

• JohnS
            • Dec 2007

I need to give my dog 500 mg of a liquid medicine - the medicine come in a bottle of 1000 ml. - can anyone tell me how many ml. would equalt 500 mg. Thx Mikey
            There is no way to tell unless you can find some kind of "strength" statement on the bottle telling the number of mg in 1 mL, or total mg and total mL.

See the previous example. The statement of strength of the medicine was what made the calculation possible. If the bottle doesn't have such info on the bottle, you should demand it from your vet, or whoever sold you the information.

Comment

• Unregistered

If the dog needs 500mg and the bottle is 5mg per mL, the dog would need 100ml or 100cc of the medication.

Comment

• JohnS
                • Dec 2007

If the dog needs 500mg and the bottle is 5mg per mL, the dog would need 100ml or 100cc of the medication.
                Big IF. Two different medicines are described in posts #3 and #4. I don't think we know the strength of the dog medice (#4) from the given info.

Comment

• Unregistered

My min-pin that weighs 17.9 got stung by a bumblebee on his left back paw. My vet. said to give him 25mg. of Benadryl but I only have a measuring cup that comes with the Benadryl that is in ml. please tel me what to do. Thank you. Mae Haskins

Comment

• JohnS
                    • Dec 2007

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
                    My min-pin that weighs 17.9 got stung by a bumblebee on his left back paw. My vet. said to give him 25mg. of Benadryl but I only have a measuring cup that comes with the Benadryl that is in ml. please tel me what to do. Thank you. Mae Haskins
                    Liquid medicines are mostly a buffer solution. There should be a statement on the bottle, package or sheet that explains how many milligrams of active ingredient there are per milliliter of the mixture. You need to find that statement and work out how many milliliters are necessary to give the 25 mg dose.

Comment

• Unregistered

I am to take 2 tsp of megesterol acetate suspension 40 mg/ml. How many mg is this?

Comment

• JohnS
                        • Dec 2007

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
                        I am to take 2 tsp of megesterol acetate suspension 40 mg/ml. How many mg is this?
                        1 teaspoon is approximately 5 mL. So 10 mL is 400 mg.
                        Use a measuring spoon; tableware may not be accurate for volume.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnS View Post
                          Liquid medicines are mostly a buffer solution. There should be a statement on the bottle, package or sheet that explains how many milligrams of active ingredient there are per milliliter of the mixture. You need to find that statement and work out how many milliliters are necessary to give the 25 mg dose.
                          I have a suspension of 500MG and am to take 3ML every 4hrs. I would like to know How to convert MGtoML

Comment

• JohnS
                            • Dec 2007

Originally posted by kikirlm View Post
                            I have a suspension of 500MG and am to take 3ML every 4hrs. I would like to know How to convert MGtoML
                            Read my note, then read the bottle. Either it tells you the ratio or it doesn't. There is not a fixed answer, it depends on the medication and the strength to which it has been mixed.

Comment

• Unregistered

how much calcium gluconate is neede to provide 115 mg of calcium? calcium gluconate is 6.5% calcium by weight.
                              any one knows the proccess. i know the answer

Comment

Working...
                              X